AIMS OF THE GROUP
- To protect the biodiversity of the parish both now and in the future.
- To encourage local people to get involved with ‘hands on’ work parties and activities on the sites.
- To provide and improve access to the sites for the general public, especially local people.
- To participate in local and national surveys in order to provide a record of the biodiversity in the parish, where appropriate.
- To provide opportunities for education through local involvement with schools, youth and other community groups
The notes of the first meeting of the group – held on 22 September 2016 are now available. Please click on the link below.
Projects in the pipeline
- Newton Road – a potential wild flower bank by the Glebe Allotments
- Funeral Bier Restoration
- St Mary’s Churchyard – Fence Restoration
- Pocket park – clearance of ivy and brambles. (in consultation with Orbit Housing)
- Church Street and Lions Path – clearing back of footpaths
- Half yearly litter pick – November 2016
- Planting 600 Crocus bulbs – donated by Rugby Rotary Club
If you are interested in knowing more about this opportunity to get involved then please contact Councillor Lesley Edwards on 07973849335 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Clifton upon Dunsmore Parish Conservation Group has now established its Terms of Reference and produced an Action Plan.
Terms of Reference conservation-group-tor-02112016
Action Plan conservation-group-action-plan-02112016
Churchyard Working Party – October 2016