Please be aware that there has been a number of incidents relating to tractors in the North of the county.
A John Deere tractor was recently stolen from Bulkington and recovered by Leicestershire Police in Burbage and there was an attempted theft in Newton of an International tractor.
Leicestershire Police also had two John Deere tractors stolen from Shenton which were recovered the following day.
If you own a tractor please be extra vigilant and report any suspicious activity to the police on 101.
Consider the following advice, especially if your vehicle may have universal keys :
- Park the vehicle in a secure area preferably near to the house.
- NEVER leave keys in the vehicle.
- Fit a good alarm system.
- Have an independent Immobilise system installed.
- Install a good quality tracking system.
- Have the vehicle fitted with Caesar/Datatag so the vehicle can be checked if stopped.
- Ram locks can be effective when the vehicle is not in use.
- Consider CCTV.
- Display signage stating you are in the Rural Watch Scheme and Property is Marked on the Premises.
For further information and advice please visit the Warwickshire Rural Watch website at www.warwickshireruralwatch.co.uk.