Clifton Parish Houses
The Charity was formed in 1899 with the original purpose of low-cost housing to those who had some connection to the village of Clifton. This purpose has evolved over the years and now includes providing safe and secure housing for the elderly, the disadvantaged and for vulnerable people who have a connection to the village.
The Charity currently owns and lets 16 well maintained properties within the village boundary. Residents of the properties are expected to live quietly and to be respectful and considerate of each other.
The Charity is entirely separate from The Parish Council and is regulated by The Charity Commission and The National Almshouse Association.